We are committed to your privacy and keeping your data safe and secure. The foodeezz website is owned and operated by Higgins&Flynn Limited (company number: 671546) trading as foodeezz (business name number: 663102). This policy is effective from 21st October 2020 for all users.
foodeezz is an online marketplace that works with artisan food and drink producers (“our producers”) that make their products available to you on our site.
1. Personal information we collect
When you visit the site, register for an account, provide information on a web form, update or add information to your account, submit a product review, send messages to our producers, or when you otherwise correspond with us, we collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use. This list details the data we collect:
– Identifying information such as your name, addresses, email addresses, and phone number.
– Your payment method (note that we do not store or process your card details). All payments are processed by third-party payment processors such as Stripe or PayPal. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our third-party payment provider to process a payment.
– Your contact history with us. What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
– Your purchase history and saved items (wish list). What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time.
– Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website. Information we collect when you browse our site includes your IP address and device type, the browser you are using, and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We use information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information or making refund payments, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations/updates). Additionally, we use this order information to:
– Allow you to make full use of site features like the wish list, viewing and managing your orders, and communicating with producers.
– To provide customer service and support and also to better train our staff, so that when you do contact us you get the best possible service.
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to new products and promotions or to improve our offering to you. You can opt-out of receiving our marketing messages (see the Marketing Messages section below) at any time.
We use the device information that we collect to to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
3. Sharing your personal Information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
– Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, the producers themselves, and any third-party fulfillment partners and delivery companies they might use. Each only receives the data they need to provide the relevant service, and strictly only for that purpose.
– Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, marketing system providers, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
– We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers for purposes including testing, research, or analytics. Before we do so, we will make sure that that the information passed does not personally identify you.
– We do not share your details with third parties for any other purpose.
– Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or another lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
4. Marketing messages
If you have subscribed to receive our marketing or you have created an account or ordered from us, we will send you marketing messages by email (and occasionally by post) to share with you offers and information on products to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find products.
This is in our legitimate interests to do so but we strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing when you first create an account or purchase and in every marketing message afterward. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
– By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
– By contacting us.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent to that.
5. Online adverts
We engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we may target foodeezz banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of foodeezz or on foodeezz banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
6. Protecting your information
The following are your rights relating to your personal information and how to exercise them:
|Your rights||How to exercise them|
|The right to access the personal information we hold about you.||Most of the information we hold about you is shown in your foodeezz account. For anything else contact us and we would be happy to provide a complete list.|
|The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.||Most of the information we hold about you can be edited directly in your foodeezz account. For anything else contact us and we would be happy to make any corrections for you.|
|The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.||Contact us to remove your data.|
|The right to stop direct marketing messages.||View and amend your communication preferences from your foodeezz account (or within any marketing email that we send you).|
|The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.||Contact us with your request and we will provide you with the data you need in a portable format.|
7. How you can help us protect your information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end, all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our producers, and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also, remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
8. Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you for as long as the legal framework in the applicable jurisdiction requires of us and no longer.
10. Our producers’ privacy policies
In using foodeezz our producers (and their affiliates), agree not to:
– Sell, barter, disclose or transfer to any third party, any data passed to them as a result of any transaction via the site (e.g. personal data of any user), or permit any third party to have access to the same.
– Send to any foodeezz user any non-electronic direct mail marketing.
– Send to any foodeezz user any electronic communication except as necessary to complete any Buyer’s transaction or to respond to a customer service enquiry made by such Buyer concerning such transaction.
– Use any domain name (or any part of it) on foodeezz and/or otherwise in any communications that they have with any user of foodeezz.
– Target unsolicited communications of any kind to any user of the site.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. A good resource is http://www.aboutcookies.org.
|Functionality||Share This||Share This allows customers to share content, products and web pages from our website with other websites and social networking sites. The cookies used by Share This allow us to track the type of content, products and pages that our users are sharing to help us better understand which content is most engaging for our customers so that we can improve the content and customer experience in other areas of the website.|
|Performance||Social media plugins||Sites such as Facebook and Pinterest, serve cookies in order to be able to share and discuss foodeezz’s products on social networks.|
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like foodeezz to deliver you a personalized shopping experience. The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to foodeezz using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience. To make this site work properly, we may place small data files called cookies on your device. Most websites do this.
The list below details the cookies used on foodeezz. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose. If the party reads something other than ‘foodeezz’, these are our third-party business partners who help us to enhance your browsing experience.
12. Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here: